On 04-04-13 05:19, Kevin Veroneau wrote:

| Import failed (but source code parsing was successful).
|     Error: ImproperlyConfigured: Requested setting DATABASES, but
settings are not configured.
|            You must either define the environment variable
DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE or call
|            settings.configure() before accessing settings. (line 1)

Is this Epydoc error related to Epydoc or something that Django
shouldn't have done in it's source code?

I first thought "isn't this just the common problem of needing to set DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE?". I have to do it all the time in my own sphinx documentation. A quick os.environ call from sphinx' conf.py fixes that.

Looking at the code of the management command that epydoc crashes on, it seems that epydoc simply executes too much. This might be one of the cases where there's no handy way of supporting such an introspective tool.

Can you ignore files in epydoc?

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/