Thanks for the extra details Jacob.  I had a bit of time and thought
it was an interesting challenge so I created a Google Script based
twitter bot that tweets the title and links of everything posted to
the Django Announce Google group.

There may be bugs but so far it's working, you can check it out here:
https://twitter.com/djangoannounce