On 08/04/13 21:17, Michael Manfre wrote:
> +1 to a saner repr(request) and not having to type "HTTP_". What sort of
> deprecation cycle are you thinking for this?

I'm thinking the normal cycle:

1.6 - request.HEADERS added, probably a few friends too.
    - request._META added
    - accessing request.META gives PendingDeprecationWarning

1.7 - request.META gives DeprecationWarning

1.8 - request.META is removed.

If we find that there are some other attributes/method that need to be
added to HttpRequest in Django 1.7, and direct access to request._META
was still necessary, then we could extend the deprecation cycle - 1.7
would give PendingDeprecationWarning.

Regards,

Luke

      -- Mark Twain