While mucking with the refactoring of adodbapi, I included a patch fixing a
bug when storing data into columns of type "adGUID".  I had not been really
aware that SQL Server has a dedicated data type for UUID until that ticket
surfaced.  Then I started thinking about the column in one of my CDC data
tables which contains text which always contains "uuid:" followed by a long
hexadecimal looking string. I am pretty sure it was once a primary key, but
pending something like ticket 19463 I don't use it as such.  Nevertheless,
it started me thinking...

When I read data columns written in native decimal or date-time formats, I
make the db-api module emit good, proper Python decimal.decimal and
datetime.datetime objects. It would not take much effort to perform a
similar action when I see that the incoming column is of the Windows type
"adUUID" -- I could emit an instance of the "uuid" class.

Is that a good idea, or a bad idea?
--
Vernon Cole