Maybe it's worth noting that Guido is working on a Tulip, a specification
for an asynchronous API in Python 3, this to get some consensus. Right now,
there is almost zero compatibility between al the different approaches:
twisted, tornado, gevent, etc...

If we decide to go for one technology, better be future proof.

Gevent has some issues. It's doing fine most of the time, but the monkey
patch approach could really break some stuff.
I like something like Twisted's wsgi container and callfromthread. However,
I think Twisted it way to hard for the average Django user. It's not really
intuitive, but hopefully, Tulip will provide us with a nicer API.