On 1 mars 2013, at 17:59, Alex Clark <acl...@aclark.net> wrote:
> Everything else e.g. "from PIL import Image" should be the same.

Hi Alex,

As we're starting to clear the blockers for the release of Django 1.6, I'm
resurrecting this discussion.

Quick question: is there a way to tell if the installed library is PIL or
Pillow? The use case in Django is, when running on PyPy, to fail gracefully
when attempting to use PIL but allow using Pillow.

I've summarized the situation here:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/19934#comment:15
Let me know if I've missed or misunderstood something.

Thank you,

--
Aymeric.