Hi Oracle users,

As you may be aware, Oracle 12 was released last month, and Django 1.6
declares Python 3 fully supported. As you may also be aware, Django currently
cannot be tested with Oracle 12 [1] or with earlier Oracle under Python 3 [2],
so these two must be declared unsupported for the time being. I am working on
both, but either will take some time for me to provide a reasonable solution.

So my question to the Django/Oracle community is -- which would you prefer to
work first? My instinct (and input from people around me) is that Oracle12 is
more important, but any input is welcome.

Also, of course, help wanted.

For Python3 the problem appears to be in cx_Oracle -- so to help, you should
probably be a C programmer.

For Oracle12, for me, the main obstacle is a testing environment. While I'm
working on that, any patches and/or help testing would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
        Shai.

[1] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/20707
[2] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/20725