> I did a quick review of the patch and didn't see anything that jumped out.
> BTW when you want to merge a part of your work, please open a pull request.
> Reviewing is much easier that way.

I just opened a pull request [1]. The branch is up to date and it does
not add any test failures that are not already there on master (I get
3 failures on master with anything but SQLite.)

It implements automatic auxiliary field creation as well as manual
auxiliary fields. I should probably add tests for select_related and
defer/only with custom auxiliary fields, which I'll try to do
tomorrow.

Michal

[1] https://github.com/django/django/pull/1407