Hi everyone,

I think it's finally time to look at merging the schema-alteration branch,
which has gone slightly beyond its name and encompasses the schema
alteration backends and the migration code as well.

The branch is working, well tested, moderately documented and has all of
the big changes that happen to other parts of Django outside of the
migration code (removing syncdb, changing signals, changes to the Field API
- see the 1.7 release notes in the branch for more).

It's not quite release quality yet - quite a bit of polish remains - but
it's functional, and I want to merge it now as merging changes back in from
master is becoming trickier and trickier.

You can see the pull request here:

   https://github.com/django/django/pull/376

I'd be aiming to merge this early next week, dependent on feedback.

Andrew