Hi there.

First of all, I've just read these
rules<http://schlitt.info/opensource/blog/0541_10_golden_rules_for_starting_with_open_source.html>
 and
I want to apologize for my behavior on this mailing list. I'm sorry for my
behavior, specially in
this<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-developers/Jorge$20C.$20Leitão/django-developers/Rez3Ai-QrcU/Gg6ig2pq2EwJ>
 thread,
but also on
this<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-developers/Jorge$20C.$20Leitão/django-developers/h6FkBrqCP8w/0NiXkwheB74J>
 and
this<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/django-developers/Jorge$20C.$20Leitão/django-developers/XxuiMbSfOBE/5umD_w6dv_0J>.

I now understood my very rude behavior, but I nevertheless would like to
contribute, as from what I read in this list, this is a very serious
community.

Now, Django: I'm using
Django-picklefield<https://github.com/shrubberysoft/django-picklefield>,
but apparently it stop being maintained on github (the user was a company
that no longer has a website). The issue is that the code, as it is, is not
working. There are issues raised and not fixed more than a year now.

I fixed the issue on my local, like some of the 25 forks of the project on
github.

I think this is a small project that would be nice for me to maintain, but
I don't know the "etiquette rules" of how it works.

First, do you think it is worth? Is there any alternative that I'm not
aware of (or as a new feat of Django core)? do you know of anyone that is
maintaining it?

Secondly, what are the rules for doing this? I mean, can I just change its
name and open a github rep, along with a pip version and give the
respective credits to the creators?

Can anyone give me a small guideline on how to proceed on this regard?

Thanks for your time and patience,
Jorge