Hi,
I looked around the list and couldn't find any mention of this subject.

In `django.http.request.HttpRequest._load_post_and_files()` there is
explicit mention of two content type ('multipart/form-data' and
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'), any other content type will get empty
values for self._post.

Given that a lot of user form interaction is now happening through
'XMLHttpRequest', I think that the 'application/json' content type should
be supported. A lot of javascript libraries will use json as the default
format:
* angularjs: http://docs.angularjs.org/api/ng.$http, see "Setting HTTP
Headers"
* emberjs:
https://github.com/emberjs/data/blob/master/packages/ember-data/lib/adapters/rest_adapter.js#L974
* backbone: http://backbonejs.org/#Sync
* jquery: http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.ajax/ (the only one using
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' by default)

I'm trying primarily to create a discussion on the subject and am ready to
provide the code for it as I had to write it. This would help avoid hacks
to handle the request object in my view.

I know there are some apps to handle API construction (django-tastypie,
django-rest, django-piston and certainly others) they use either request
wrappers or request handling in their views.

Stefan