I know there are different opinions on this topic but if anyone is
interested, I created a repo for the tutorial. The idea is to have branches
and tags that match those of the documentation.

https://github.com/glarrain/django-tutorial-source-code

A nice advantage of that is to be able to compare how the resulting code of
the official tutorial changes between releases. Others are:

   - Be able to check that the tutorial is correct (it's kind of difficult
   to spot mistakes from the documentation, either rendered or rst), i.e. the
   code works (in fact, I think I discovered a bug in the current master,
   which I will file in trac ASAP).
   - Let the user compare at the end of the tutorial the code he/she typed
   with the one in the repo.

Best regards,
Germán