I am a developer that helps out with Mezzanine <http://mezzanine.jupo.org>and
ever since 1.6 came out we have been struggling to get Mezzanine to
work under it.

The trouble that we have run into in 1.6 is getting a GenericRelation to
show up in admin fieldsets, this worked previously.

Here is a link to the Mezzanine issue where we have been discussing/working
on this on Github:
https://github.com/stephenmcd/mezzanine/issues/745

Here is a very simple Django project and app, sans Mezzanine, with a
unittest that fails under 1.6 but works under 1.5 and illustrates the
problem:
https://bitbucket.org/joshcartme/16genericissue

I think this might be a Django bug, should I open an issue on trac?

Regards,
Josh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/fbfcc2af-3a39-4e73-9a9e-c141becdf59c%40googlegroups.com.