Hi all, can't believe I missed this entire thread because googlegroups
didn't auto-subscribe me to replies.  thanks for the tips.

For the curious, I'm using Mozilla Persona.  Detailed info here:
http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1234000000754/ch14.html

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/cfc893f6-0177-4e5d-ac30-1ca109e98971%40googlegroups.com.