Trunk is still open for all 1.7 changes; 1.7 alpha is currently planned for
mid January, which is the cutoff point for major API changes; the beta a
month or so after that, which is the final cutoff for minor API changes.

On top of that - it looks like you're proposing a modification to the
schema migration API - that means you're not proposing a new feature, but
pointing out a bug/limitation in a feature that has been added for 1.7.
That means the window is definitely open, because the original feature is
already there.

So yes - if you want to propose an API change for 1.7, you've still got
time.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAJxq84-q-eMMxOR58Bh2SvGjztdNawcO%3DfsRDvXvikG7ot7iAQ%40mail.gmail.com.