I'd like to be able to customize the parameters that gets passed to the
form used in all the views of the ModelAdmin. It seems that there is
currently no way to do it.
A very common scenario in which this could be useful is to provide a
default value for an author/user field of a model.
For example I have a Post model which has an "author" field, and I must
provide a default value based on the current user.

I found various ways to accomplish this, but they all seem hacks to me. So
imho it would be great to have an official, correct way to do this.

I found one answer[1] on stackoverflow which suggests to use "get_object".
But unfortunately that method does not called by the "add_view".
An other method[2] is to use the "formfield_for_foreignkey" method. And
finally, reading the code of contrib.admin I came up with other 3
solutions[3].

What do you think about this? What is your favorite way to solve this
problem?

[1]: http://stackoverflow.com/a/8487550/641317
[2]: http://kylefuller.co.uk/posts/pre-populating-data-admin-panel/
[3]: http://pastebin.com/GVC1SKeN