n 2014-01-20 20:22, Aymeric Augustin wrote:
> The alternative is to modify INSTALLED_APPS to support passing
> arguments to the AppConfig class. But I find it rather ugly.

[I've only been lurking in this thread, so take with a grain of salt;
just throwing it out there to see what sticks]

Would it be possible to do something like

 VALIDATION_APPS = SomeComplexValidatorWithMetadata(
   app1=...,
   app2=...,
   )

 INSTALLED_APPS = VALIDATION_APPS.get_installed_apps()

which would allow a more complex descriptor for validation purposes,
but then also keep things fairly DRY so you don't have apps
duplicated between the two settings and the INSTALLED_APPS remains
backwards compat.

-tkc

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/20140120142752.32aea639%40bigbox.christie.dr.