Finally I bit the bullet and added half a dozen flags just for introspection
capabilities. The pull request is ready for review.

I don't think remaining vendor checks will hurt third-party backends. We can
continue this effort if they do.

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/05938D5C-C6C2-44CE-ADB3-C55AA2386D1C%40polytechnique.org.