On August 1, 2014 at 10:28:22 AM, Robert Grant (robertlagr...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> I did. I just reread it though; thanks for the link. There are multiple
> ways to do registration, agreed, but then one could - for example - make
> your same argument about logging into a system. Why provide that when some
> people might not want a site with authentication, or might want to do it
> through Facebook or OpenID? (Or, as per your reference to James' reasons,
> Persona?)

I think the difference between django-registration and South is that
there is a benefit to blessing a singular migrations framework as
the one true way of doing it. Namely that is interoperability.

The same can be said for django.contrib.auth as well. As long as any
system which uses users ties into that, then they’ll all interopt
with each other. The same cannot be said for the registration system
since generally most pieces of a site do not interact with the
registration system, especially not at the level as they would for
the generic concept of users or database migrations.

--
Donald Stufft

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/etPan.53dc0fe4.6b8b4567.d5d9%40Thor.local.