On 25/11/14 16:23, Markus Holtermann wrote:
> Hey Luke,
>
> It would be interesting to see why A.1 and B.1 depend on each other. If
> there are e.g. FK constraints pointing to models in the other app the
> autodetector should end up with e.g. A.1 <-- B.1 <-- B.2 <-- A.2 (or
> optimized A.1 <-- B.1 <-- A.2), in which case you wouldn't end up with a
> cycle. C.1 would then depend on B.2 (B.1 respectively in the optimized
> graph).

I didn't realise the autodetector could handle that. Looking more
closely, it looks like I have more of an edge case:

App B has a model with a FK to a model in app A

App A has a model with a ManyToMany field 'through' a model in app B.
(It's actually added that way for the sake of the admin for the models
in app A).

So it isn't the straight-forward A has FK to B. It might not be worth
fixing the autodetector for this, as fixing the migrations is relatively
easy. But I think fixing the infinite loop is another matter, and I'll
go ahead and backport that.

Thanks for the input,

Luke

--
"We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we
always respect their good judgement." -- Libbie Fudim

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5475873E.3010805%40cantab.net.