Hi,

I'm came across to the situation where, for URL cleanness,

See Cool URIs don’t change <http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>, by World
> Wide Web creator Tim Berners-Lee, for excellent arguments on why URLs
> should be clean and usable.

I wanted to internationalise its parameters. E.g. this

www.example.com/persons?search=...

be shown as

www.example.com/personas?busca=...

I search on the documentation, and this does not seemed to be documented.
I.e. the API allows to change how the field name is presented as HTML, but
it does not allow internationalising it on the URL.

IMO, this lies on the assumption that the Form's field names are never
shown to the user. When the form is POST, this assumption is valid.
However, in a GET, the field names are presented in the URL, and the
assumption breaks. This even exposes serve-side implementation details (the
field name of the Form) to the user.

I thus filled a ticket [1] proposing to decouple the two things: the
field_name on the server side and how it is represented on the client side.
There is also a Stackoverflow question [2] on this with a different
implementation than I'm presenting in [1].

Tim suggested to bring this here because of the following issues he pointed
out:

1. how common is this?
2. wouldn't it add a lot of complexity to JavaScript and CSS, specifically
on name selectors?
3. do any other web framework support this?

The answers I can give so far:

1., I tried to do it because I didn't wanted english on a portuguese
website's URL neither portuguese on my code. It seemed a reasonable request
for a web framework, but yes, it may not be so common.
2., I may be; I don't know enough to answer it.
3., I'm not familiar with other frameworks; I've searched Ruby on Rails
documentation and I didn't found it.

Could we have some feedback to decide wether it justifies or not to have
this in Django?

Thank you for your time,
Jorge

[1] https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/23927