Hello!

I'm using Django as a part of bigger stack where I'm using external tool to
manage database migrations.
After migration to Django 1.7 I'm encouraged at every runserver command to
execute some migrations, which may blow my databases.

I want to bypass Django migrations to prevent any schema modification. I
can bypass migrate*  commands by overriding them in my custom app, but this
is a little tricky and does not cover all cases. Using managed=False is not
a solution, because none of reusable apps have models defined as unmanaged
(same for django.contrib, especially auth and sessions).
That's why I need to bypass migrations globally.

Have you ever considered possibility to allow disabling it? Maybe via some
setting to use kind a DummyMigrationExecutor instead of MigrationExecutor?

Cheers,
Marcin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a27293a1-4212-4a2a-ae44-4720fc674162%40googlegroups.com.