On 14/01/15 01:06, Jannis Leidel wrote:

On 14 Jan 2015, at 01:24, Some Developer <someukdevelo...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 13/01/15 19:48, patrick91 wrote:

I cannot see any of these on my mac, I'll see if I have any linux
machine where I can see if I can reproduce.

Meanwhile, can you tell us if you have the same styles for the code
tags? https://up.kibakoapp.com/AaFwwhccdE
Also try to play with font-family. Maybe it is a font issue, even if you
have disabled webfonts, there can be something wrong with fonts in your
system.

If I manually delete the "Fira Mono" font from the font-family using the Google
Chrome dev tools then the page works as expected. So yeah seems to be a web font issue.

Sigh, yeah, the package probably ships with an old version of the font that is
somehow corrupted and is still favored by the browser. FWIW others have had the
same problems:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/19257#issuecomment-66950412

The underlying problem is that we use Google's web fonts hosting for serving
the Fira Mono font that has a local() statement for both styles
(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Fira+Mono:400,700) which means it'll
try the local version first, which kinda defeats the purpose with Fira Mono
anyways, unless you're running Firefox OS for some reason :)

The font has also received quite a few updates since it was added to Google's
hosting service, so I just deployed our own version to the site and hope that
fixes your issue. Can you double-check if it works now?

Jannis

Working fine now. Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/54B5C25E.2030304%40googlemail.com.