Hi again,
Well, I can acknoledge that your reasons for list (beginner friendly) are
as good as my reasons for tuples (seems to be more logical choice for
things that are static). To say it in other words, my idea was simply: Use
tuples and the programmer will know that these arn't ment to be altered at
runtime.
But this reformulation made me thought of the docs comment I suggested. And
probably the docs should clearly state (in
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.6/topics/settings/#creating-your-own-settings):
The settings are solely for configuration of django and its components /
extensions, but not for initial/default values of your application, because
the settings have to be imported in a special way (through django.conf;
sidenote - it states there: "For settings that are sequences, Django itself
uses tuples, rather than lists, but this is only a convention")
At the end, this was what the confusion between my colleages caused and
what his true programming-theoretical mistake was. (nowadays all of our
apps have a definitions.py module)

I hope this is something all could agree with and ends the discussion I
caused.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/b243c053-667d-443a-8ec4-c586ed102d63%40googlegroups.com.