If you would like to contribute to the timely release of 1.8 and if you
have some free time over the next couple days, please consider working on
something from this list (whether it is writing a patch, reviewing an
existing patch, or triaging an issue):

https://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=assigned&status=new&version=1.8alpha1&severity=Release+blocker&or&keywords=~1.8-beta&status=assigned&status=new&or&keywords=~1.8&status=assigned&status=new&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=component&col=changetime&desc=1&order=changetime

These are my top priorities until the beta release (scheduled for Monday),
but if you have other small bug fixes, they will also happily be considered.

I will be available in #django-dev most of tomorrow (~12:00 UTC - 0:00 UTC)
and on Saturday (~12:00 UTC - 19:00 UTC) if you need guidance (and there
are many other helpful people around in case I am not). I invite other
members of the team to participate and post their availability to cover
other timezones.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/f4f80156-041f-4e82-a36c-4a648cb845ea%40googlegroups.com.