> In that case, would it be possible to do the caching improvements before
> the main
> refactoring? I'm trying to keep patches at a reviewable size :-)
>
> --
> Aymeric.

Maybe. The existing loaders don't provide a nice way to add
Origin.uptodate. It would
require an informal hack that only supported Django builtin loaders
initially.

I'll start by separating out some of the cleanup/groundwork changes I did
into separate
PRs. If those can go in first, then there'll be a lot less noise in the
patch.

At the moment, I think it will be easiest to land the cache improvements
after the
loaders are updated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/db492cc9-082c-4d76-9a8f-3aff14b5d018%40googlegroups.com.