cls._meta.add_field(self, virtual=True)

gives:

  File "/var/www/django-hstore/django_hstore/virtual.py", line 29, in
contribute_to_class
    cls._meta.add_field(self, virtual=True)
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    add_field() got an unexpected keyword argument 'virtual'

I remember that I already tried flagging the field as virtual, but the
result was not what I wanted, that is a field that would also show up in
the admin.

There is an interesting ticket:

*Provide real support for virtual fields*
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16508

Federico

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/33c7aa8d-a7a6-4746-9f49-a1f57f9e7969%40googlegroups.com.