OK, that makes implementation a lot easier. As the model validation can be
done with Model.check() based on the backend given at that time either when
running the server or makmigrations.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Michael Manfre <mman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Podrigal, Aron <ar...@guaranteedplus.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Loic,
>>
>> Agree with having a db_default kwarg.
>>
>> I am not using multiple databases so no experiance with db routers. So
>> how would should we handle routing between different databases when the
>> db_default value is not compatible with that backend? for example
>> Model.save(using='mysql_db') should we than use the Field.default to
>> generate the default value (which is not how it works today, that the
>> default is computed at instance creation). I would prefer in such a case to
>> rely on the database to handle the situation by omitting that field from
>> the columns list, so mysql for example would set a non nullable varchar
>> column to an empty string, where with other databases it would cause an
>> IntegrityError exception. and that db_default and default kwargs cannot be
>> used togethor.
>>

> If db_default is defined for a field, then it should always be used. If
> the db_default is invalid for the configured backend, then it will and
> should break. We shouldn't automatically change db_default to a regular
> default or do any other magic.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAGdCwBsHa%2BGXJSB6fay%3DbM%2B-3qV0y5oSuDNd4m05QM1PPdfKrw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAGdCwBsHa%2BGXJSB6fay%3DbM%2B-3qV0y5oSuDNd4m05QM1PPdfKrw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Aron Podrigal
-
'1000001', '1110010', '1101111', '1101110'   '1010000', '1101111',
'1100100', '1110010', '1101001', '1100111', '1100001', '1101100'

P: '2b', '31', '33', '34', '37', '34', '35', '38', '36', '30', '39', '39'

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CANJp-yjx%3DKK7HPfZvGVrtDqdDh%3Db2%2BddRAhK%3DzrjPq_iobamhg%40mail.gmail.com.