On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 3:59:20 PM UTC+2, Aymeric Augustin wrote:

> There’s an obvious bug here: silenced checks are still printed out — even
> though they don’t prevent Django from starting.
> I hadn’t understood that from your earlier messages. It shouldn’t be very
> hard to fix.

Don't worry, it may come from my poor english skills.

> If you want to make sure we don’t lose track of this bug, you should file
> a ticket.

Well, I'm not sure now, because Tim wrote that it was a design decision and
it is well documented.
I would like to turn off system checker, live without it, and rely on my
automated tests only. This should be simplest solution for uncommon cases,
and should be simple to implement without design change.

Also please note that silencing specific errors is not the best solution.
In the first case E116 may be untrue and may be silenced, but for other
models this error may be true and shouldn't be silenced at all.
Silencing all E116 will give us messy information about state.

BR,
Marcin

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7c9a3567-ba85-4184-83ac-3bd6e9a99b69%40googlegroups.com.