Hi Reid,

2.0 is not planned to be a special release in regard to backward
compatibility.

Since this is a backward incompatible change (what should be done with
duplicate usernames, etc.) I doubt it's going to happen.

Simon

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a7c3add7-d13d-4b5c-af73-ac74cbc1c6a0%40googlegroups.com.