Hey,

What do you guys think about this feature request?

> On CommandError, sys.exit(1)

It would be pretty easy to do the sys.exit(1) right here:

https://github.com/django/django/blob/df0a446fd4c864c003e4f941b5b7abd6f10c9427/django/core/management/__init__.py#L289

This would allow you to fail an automated build when migrations (or any
other management command) failed.  Currently I see no way of doing that.

Beyond that, I noticed that the sys.exit(1) is not very consistently
applied on the makemigrations management command (for example, it is not
called when the --merge parameter is supplied).

I can do the PR for the CommandError thing (unless anyone sees a reason not
to, or that would not work/there is a better place to put it).

--
*Ben Liyanage *|* Software Engineer *|* Rentlytics, Inc.*
Phone: (410) 336-2464 | Email: bliyan...@rentlytics.com

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADgLBUOGCwMqV052WgA-o3PPrT5tb2%3DT%3D9vc%2BO5JZRQYZJCC%2Bg%40mail.gmail.com.