This is something the core team discussed in Amsterdam. I believe there was
consensus to trial it with Django registration. I should catch up with
James and see if it is transferred. If this goes well I see no reason why
not.

The biggest problem is the selection of packages, we have historically
wanted to avoid too much bikeshedding. Initially it's likely to be mostly
relatively inactive small utilities I think. But I think we are open to
being more risky here.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMwjO1FzQ8cCgF7pR%2BRtPiSkNc5W4ipeWfwLz0hi4q_xzxZoAQ%40mail.gmail.com.