HI Alex,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Alexandru Damian <dda...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've compiled the django.template.{base,context,context_processor} modules
> with cython in order to speed up template rendering.
>
> I've come to the conclusion that this is needed after profiling long page
> loads that had the data from the database returned in 10-50 ms,
> but the page would take seconds to complete - especially *admin change
> views* with lots of inlines.

If you’re seeing admin pages taking *seconds* to render, and the database
is truly taking 10-50ms, there’s something going *very* wrong here. Can you
share your profile data?

> I am seeing a 13% decrease in page rendering time across the board,
> obviously passing all django tests.

Have you tried running PyPy instead? The reports I’ve seen suggest you’ll
get a *lot* more than a 13% speedup.

To make this easy to deploy I've compiled it as a drop-in replacement
> (targeting django 1.8.7) that uses import hooks (PEP 302)
> to replace targeted modules on the fly.
>
> The sources/releases are here: https://github.com/ddalex/django-cemplate
>
> Can you please advise on how to continue this work ?
> I feel that maintaining separate trees for each Django release is not
> scalable on my part.

It’s difficult to say without knowing what you’re proposing. Is there some
change you’d like to see merged into Django? Some API hook that you’d like
to add to make your life easier?

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAJxq849mDK2rzmsr78fGLwTpQjp5Hg0GJ%2BhSc-jo93oek1EW0Q%40mail.gmail.com.