IMHO We should keep the older version of docs somewhere, ReadTheDocs it's
fine.
But we can't only remove them. We may notice the users instead of returning
a simple 404.
There are a lot of people still using those versions.
To keep happy search engines, we should give a 301 to somewhere, not sure
if we should do it or not.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/ba425446-63fb-4039-b238-443adac456ed%40googlegroups.com.