Hi Tim,

I have been sick for few days so couldn't work fully on the proposal. To
give you have some idea on what I will be doing:

* creating a django-sqlalchemy package like flask-alchemy/pyramid_alchemy
which user can use on any regular django project under installed app. The
package will need different type of configurations specific to sqlalchemy
and django to work properly.
* sqlalchemy has core, orm and declarative systax[more identical to
django]. core is more like django expressions API based on which the ORM is
built. But recently to make sqlalchemy more user friendly declarative
syntax extension has been added to the library and user can use any one of
the three according to there need. for regular business logic declarative
sysntax is OK. but for more flexibility the ORM layer could be used, and
for different advanced sql features core sql expression language is best
way. these three can be used simultenuously in a project according to the
need. to manage sqlalchemy there are different 3rd party tools like django
has different utility in DB/ORM, management commands, migration handling,
form generator, admin app etc.

>From the suggestions of Russel keith-magee and Ansi, integrating sqlalchemy
with django actualy means having sqlalchemy utilities which are related to
table definition to work like django model/fields etc through model._meta
API, that means the SQLalcmey table definitions could work smoothly with
django form.model form and can be manipulated through admin app. For that I
have to map sqlallchemy table definitions to work like django model fields
so tht they can easily used by _meta API.

There are some parts of django which also need work to the alchemy package.
many details needed to be in the proposal on how I should approach to gain
the desired goal. about technical detail some are I think I have figured
out but there could be more room to figure out and at the time of working
there might be some new thing could be found.

For technical detail do you have any specific suggestions following those
will let the core devs properly understand and comment on?

Best Reagards,

Asif

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/66e40ca2-3647-4740-873e-92691e04f7a7%40googlegroups.com.