On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 8:07:36 PM UTC+2, Markus Holtermann wrote:

> I haven't read the entire thread, did you account for custom user models
> that don't inherit from AbstractBaseUser? Do the system checks stil
> work? A Metaclass certainly would not, would it?

Yeah, we probably would need both -- ie be backwards compatible if you
inherit some BaseUser (which should be the common case I'd say) and
otherwise bail out. I'd like to make it at least somewhat backwards
compatible if possible at all…

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d193ea4c-a26b-43e4-85d9-73b5a29bb6a5%40googlegroups.com.