Hi everyone,

We finally have everything in place to pay people from the MOSS funds given
to us by Mozilla for Channels (and more importantly we now have the money
itself), so now I'd like to open the call for help.

We have a list of tasks that need doing in Channels, and the money to pay
people for it, so we would, naturally, like to find people we can pay that
money to. Cruicially, we are *pre-approving* people to work on projects
with a daily (or similar) rate; we don't want people to complete something
and then not get what they expected, have someone do a fixed quote and end
up not being able to finish, or have two people go after the same task.

The list of things that needs doing is here:
https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/ChannelsTasks

If you'd like to work on one of these things, get in touch with me directly
(and...@aeracode.org) to discuss the task and what's involved; once you're
fully briefed and think you have a handle on the work, our separate Django
MOSS committee will take over approval of the request. (I am not on that
committee for conflict of interest reasons, but am trying to help out where
I can with the process)

Like GSOC, we expect people applying to work on these tasks to have at
least some track record of contributing to open source and working with
Django or a similar project; we are unlikely to approve someone with no
visible experience.

The most pressing issues are all test-related - specifically around
building out a comprehensive test suite around Daphne and the workers, and
getting load testing and similar trials done on the code so it can start to
be honed for full release. If you're at all interested in this work, I
strongly encourage you to get in touch.

If you have any questions, feel free to respond here or email me directly!

Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFwN1ur1iP%2BCwCkC5_3AFGCqqY3kx7djT8s_VNVPd0cc-cOZig%40mail.gmail.com.