Hi

The community bonding period of GSoC is about to end and here is an update
of my work during the community bonding period. I have taken the
opportunity to use this time to research about the various things that
would help me during the coding period of GSoC and also to help the
community with the bug reporting/solving/reviewing process.

I found and went through discussions of various tickets to get an idea of
the various issues that we are facing and that can be solved via my GSoC
project . They are listed below:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/20581https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/20888https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/23577
​
​
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/24082
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/24530https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/25752
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26610 (reviewed only).

There was also a discussion on the mailing list which was also helpful:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/django-developers/7pMxh2JF1lo

Here I have prepared of the basic queries for creating and deleting indexes
in the various backends we support which would helpful while writing code
in the schema -
https://gist.github.com/akki/73e7b0b7098e32594237749eb79a0960

Other than that, I was trying to solve a couple of bugs that I had found
(but haven't found the fix); one of which I have reported recently -
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/26624.
I will report the other one as well soon.

I worked on some already existing issues as well:
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/21523 - PR:
https://github.com/django/django/pull/6468
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/15220 - WIP version:
https://github.com/akki/django/tree/ticket_15220