Hi everyone,

I'm working in a project with a large mysql database and i've faced with
problems generated on django admin list. Basically, the query executed to
retrieve a list of items from a model uses a SQL SELECT passing a list of
all attributes of model, but usually we only use a small set of them on
*list_display* attribute.

I solved this problem overriding the *queryset* method of *ModelAdmin* and
using the method only of *QuerySet* using the fields listed on
*list_display* attribute of *ModelAdmin*. With the limit of columns
retrieved this queries should to consume less memory to be executed.

Searching about this here and on django issue tracker i've not found
nothing about. What you think about this optimization be the default
behavior or use a *ModelAdmin* attribute to enable?

Regards,
Rael

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/0fab70ef-2217-4069-9f37-2ec2376626c6%40googlegroups.com.