Indeed first and last name dont make sense en various culture. In the
Memopol project for exampe where wé have a table of European Parliament
representative we have all sorts of names including (The Earl Of) name
suffix which is part of the reasons our first / last name system was
completely checkmated.

Nowadays I just go for a single and long name field and I would like to
suggest that django.contrib.auth takes this path too because the first name
and last name system isn't international and django is for building
websites on internet which is meant to be a communication tool connecting
Humans of the world, no matter if they have a first and last name or not.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CALC3KafvSRCm8O8%3Dgnps9ogCoxc9Fz4%3DxdhXCM_MPDN9fv0Wmw%40mail.gmail.com.