I'm thinking about adding support for `Q` to `get_or_create` and
`update_or_create`. I've summarized my thoughts at
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27070.

I have a couple of unsolved question; the most critical is the one Tim
raises: if we were to add another keyword argument to those methods, how
much of an impact will it have? Can we find a name that we can be
reasonably confident is not used as a model field by anybody (or a _very_
small number of users)?

Thanks,
–Flavio.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/b4c68e65-ea18-4c90-97ed-b9be099fff8f%40googlegroups.com.