I personally do not think that this is something belonging into Django
itself -- at least not in the current state. The requests (I think)
maintainers have a good blog post iirc on the current issues.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/534ff524-135a-433d-b232-1b1d2f56c9f7%40googlegroups.com.