Hello,

My solution is to throw away and remake all migrations on a regular basis. Then
I `TRUNCATE TABLE django_migrations` and `django-admin migrate --fake`.
Obviously this isn’t a great solution.

Since I work mostly on small projects with just a couple developers on staff,
doing this every few months suffices to keep the run time below one minute
(which is still quite annoying).

There’s a risk to lose important, manually generated migrations, typically
those that create indexes. I diff the schema before / after with apgdiff to
avoid such problems.

This is quite doable but outside the comfort zone of many developers: my
clients prefer to have me do it even though I documented the steps in detail.

So… yeah, it would be nice to have something more practical, even if it
requires trading off some purity in the design of migrations.

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/84521630-23DC-44CF-B363-8FC913B10084%40polytechnique.org.