Hello Elky,

I’d love to see this responsive design merged in Django. I’m using the admin
from my phone quite often and the lack of a responsive design makes that
painful.

The admin gets very few CSS changes. I don’t think we should refrain from
adding a useful responsive design out of fear that it will be hard to maintain.

An opt-out mechanisms for third-party apps that don’t want the responsive
styles will a nice touch (but not absolutely necessary in my opinion). I don’t
think a setting is appropriate. I’d rather use the template or static file
overriding mechanisms, for example:
- perhaps supplying an empty CSS file with the same name overrides the file
provided by the admin? (I’m not sure)
- alternatively responsive styles could apply only within body.responsive; the
admin’s template would have a <body class=“responsive”>; third party apps could
override that template and remove the class

Thanks for you work on the admin’s style,

--
Aymeric.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/5A95FC83-B1DD-408C-94B7-9A4E81A6F1D3%40polytechnique.org.