Markus: Now that I've written a command to optimize a single migration
file, I think that it's sufficient for the "squash, edit, optimize"
workflow that I was doing before. It's more about offering people to get
their squashing done well until our optimizer becomes omniscient.

Florian: Having the command run on all migrations should be
straightforward, I'll look into that!

Tim: It's not untested! I tested it locally by running it ;) I'll write up
a couple test cases and some documentation.

I've posted one ticket <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27844> for
the management command to pass a selected migration through the optimizer,
and another ticket <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27845#ticket> for
improvements to the optimizer itself.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/686a3cd9-c15c-4619-a2f7-5aa9f9978910%40googlegroups.com.