Thanks for your feedback, the use case i was talking about is not quite
valid anymore, since docker-stack and docker-compose v3 ​do handle
dependencies.

However, perhaps runserver could just exit if checks don't pass, which
makes sense I think, allowing the optional use of a shell loop. I'd prefer
that, what do you think is better, exit or retry ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAC6Op18z%3D2nAfxEqiJPczWz5r%3DLBCEXjrcJuO2G3LK5M%2BQJVzA%40mail.gmail.com.