Django Doc has several pages about testing

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/intro/tutorial05/
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/topics/testing/tools/
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/topics/testing/advanced/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c717589e-d276-4e73-93a3-3d1e1b662910%40googlegroups.com.