I would love to see partial indexes supported. Great work! As far as
databases with Django support:

- PostgreSQL supports partial indexes
- SQLite supports partial indexes
- SQL Server supports them, called "filtered indexes"
- Oracle: Sort of supports
them: https://blog.jooq.org/2017/01/18/how-to-emulate-partial-indexes-in-oracle/
- MySQL/Maria/Drizzle: no support, AFAIK.

Would we want to build partial indexes in for all databases, with the
caveat that they would be ignored on MySQL and perhaps Oracle? In those
cases, would be default to a full index?

Regards,

Tim

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/df13ff66-8033-4f91-b49a-081bfa28db00%40googlegroups.com.