If you want to populate the data after migration is complete, several times
or each time, you may try to use post_migrate signal:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/ref/signals/#post-migrate

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAC5UD1x8h_YhEaoLR36qx38D51zhvEv3Rx0n_qTcCqMeJyR3WA%40mail.gmail.com.