On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Marc Tamlyn <marc.tam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a huge project to achieve everything you mentioned in your email,
and it has implications across a large number of Django packages (not least
the admin). I don't want to discourage you, but don't underestimate how
much work it would be to get a good replacement for forms for the modern
web.

Perhaps we should just be able to swap Forms with WTForms or another python
library and bake in ElementUI, even if that means replacing template_name
with vue_name in the view generic class, but if we're talking about "modern
web" then perhaps it's time for npm to become a first class citizen.

> Your next steps should be to research, spec and potentially write a DEP.

In my recent research it seemed ElementUI the most feature complete UI. It
includes ajax file upload which every user expects in the modern web which
seems to be the feature which defines feature-completion of a UI framework,
compared to what HTML offers out of the box.

Thanks a lot for doing something about this Robert, forms in django
definitely needs a major refactoring sprint, typically remove the
field/widget layer and rely on one level inheritance that will help a lot
for example with material design which displays field.name inside the
widget, not possible with current object design.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAC6Op1_ESqUA6tUwQxwgastH4XzQ%3D-PBybtq__2yWEuc0OH4BA%40mail.gmail.com.